PATCH: 4.0 backport of libstdc++ testsuite changes

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Thu May 5 03:34:00 GMT 2005

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
>>I'm happy with leaving things alone; I just thought it might be nicer
>>not to have the overlap.  Anyhow, you should be aware that the DejaGNU
>>testsuite no longer pays any attention to the testsuite_thread file,
>>even though those are still created.
>

> Cool. All I care about is testsuite_files and
> testsuite_files_peformance. They still work, as long as I invoke the
> extra make rules to create them. So, I'm ok with this arrangement.
>
> I don't care about tesuite_wchar_t or testsuite_thread. If they are no
> longer being used at all, then their creation should be removed from
> testsuite/Makefile.am to avoid confusion. If it's just testsuite_thread
> that should be removed, then so be it....
>
> Sound reasonable? Or, mostly reasonable?

The only thing testsuite_{thread,wchar_t} are used for is from
create_testuite_files.  Not the *use* of testsuite_files, but the script
that is used to create testsuite_files.  So, if you're in the habit of
creating testsuite_files by hand (to run a few tests), then we could
still remove create_testsuite_files and testsuite_{thread,wchar_t}.
But, if you're using create_testsuite_files to create testsuite_files,
then we should keep the files around so that the create_testsuite_files
script works correctly.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC