AIX testsuite failures

David Edelsohn dje@watson.ibm.com
Thu May 5 01:22:00 GMT 2005

>>>>> Paolo Carlini writes:

Paolo> Humpf! Ok, this problem seems to me fall-out of Mark's work: now there
Paolo> is code in testsuite/libstdc++-dg/normal.exp that selects which tests to
Paolo> run: via testsuite/lib/libstdc++.exp, it uses HAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT, which
Paolo> is *not* ok for AIX, too weak (see my previous message).

Paolo> In particular, Mark introduced the use of HAVE_GTHR_DEFAULT on March,
Paolo> 23, you can probably double check whether the failures started around
Paolo> that date.

	The tests were fine before the change on Mar 23.  None of the
libstdc++ tests ran on Mar 24 or 25 due to TCL errors in normal.exp.  On
Mar 26, the thread tests began to fail on AIX.

David