[RFC,patch] ARM EABU unwinding/exception handling

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Sun Jun 19 18:04:00 GMT 2005

Paul Brook wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 May 2005 15:08, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 17 May 2005, Paul Brook wrote:
>>
>>>The attached patch implements support for ARM EABI unwinding and c++
>>>exception handling. The original patch (against csl-arm-branch) can be
>>>found here: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-09/msg02165.html
>>
>>Please make sure that each new function definition has a comment above it
>>describing what the function does and the significance of the arguments
>>and return value if any.  Some functions (e.g. in config/arm/pr-support.c)
>>have no comments, others say nothing about the parameters.
>>
>>I think the documentation should refer to @code{true} and @code{false}
>>rather than @code{TRUE} and @code{FALSE}.  tm.texi only refers to the
>>lowercase versions at present.  The code has both, though I think we
>>should prefer the C99-and-C++-type lowercase versions for new code.
>

> Updated patch attached addresses these issues. No functional changes.

The comment for output_ttype should describe the TT_FORMAT and
TT_FORMAT_SIZE nodes and TARGET_UNWIND_TABLES_DEFAULT needs an entry in
tm.texi.

The middle-end changes look well segregated.  The ARM changes are within
your purview.  The libstdc++ changes also look clean, and there have
been no objections.

Therefore, the patch is OK for mainline.  However, as a courtesy, please
do not check the patch in for 48 hours.  That will give the EH and/or
libstdc++ people a last chance to object.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC