Hunting for performance regressions in libstdc++

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Fri Jun 17 08:35:00 GMT 2005

Paolo Carlini wrote:

>Of course, as soon as the DR makes progress we are going to implement
>its resolution. Ah, FWIW, in Canada, you will get my vote in case of
>straw polls (I don't think will be necessary, right?)

By the way, I opened a Bugzilla PR for this (libstdc++/22102): my plan
would be attending the discussion in Canada and, if the resolution
finalizes, implement it in detail (e.g., probably checks *both* before
and after). If the iter within the committee will be really, really long
we may consider returning temporarily to the  traditional simple HP/SGI
behavior, but I'd rather prefer not, frankly.