Required binutils version ?

Jonathan Wakely cow@compsoc.man.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 16:08:00 GMT 2005

Hi folks,

In http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-06/msg01435.html Jakub says
that binutils 2.15.90.0.1.1 is needed.

The problems I described in
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2004-09/msg00125.html were solved by
upgrading my 2.14.? binutils. One of the Boost developers had the same
problem, and I've also been contacted privately regarding that mail, by
someone else using 2.14.90 - so it seems that the binutils requirement is
higher than the 2.13... requirement given in
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#ix86-x-linux
or 2.10.90 listed in
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/install.html#prereqs

Since I'm trying to tidy up all v3's install docs I'd like to know what
the minimum required binutils is nowadays.  Does anyone know for sure?
(I'm not sure I even understand the binutils version numbers, so I'm not
clear at all!)

Thanks,

jon

--
"All human evil comes from this: a man's being unable to sit still in a room."
	- Pascal