[Patch] Fix ac_c99_complex configury

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Tue Jun 7 15:36:00 GMT 2005

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
>>I looked; it doesn't make sense to me.  We certainly use link-tests for
>>other aspects of cross configuration.
>

> I don't see any link tests for cross configuration in libstdc++. Where are you looking?

The world outside V3.

> There's no passing of -L flags for libgcc, startup (newlib or libgloss)
> or libc. Has this changed recently?

I'm not sure.

In any case, what you're saying is that we can't do this because our
build system is lame, not for any reason of principle.  I can believe that.

The fix would be to install the compiler before building V3, or at least
do some kind of dummy installation.  We've been wanting to do that for a
while; that would avoid all the hokey -B/-L gunk we have to do when
building libraries.  But, I can believe that it doesn't work with our
current build system.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell