[Patch] Fix ac_c99_complex configury

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Mon Jun 6 16:50:00 GMT 2005

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>>the use of the new __builtin_clog exposed a serious weakness in our
>>configury: the check for ac_c99_complex (and then for
>>_GLIBCXX_USE_C99_COMPLEX), uses the C compiler together with
>>AC_TRY_COMPILE: we are basically checking for prototypes but C (vs C++)
>>doesn't care and this means that the test basically *always* passes. I
>>propose to simply use AC_TRY_LINK, here and I'm finishing regtesting the
>>below.
>>

>You can't use any link tests in this macro, it's used by crosses and native toolchains.

Ok, thanks for reminding me of that...

>Instead I propose that you just use the C++ compiler here, and fixup
>the issue with backwards/complex.h.
>
>Thoughts?

On the spot, I have no idea how to overcome the issue with
backwards/complex.h :( I guess, I will leave the problme to you ;)
Unless, you have an hint for me to work out, I'm definitely willing to
work on the problem - because that test is not testing anyhing, right
now - only, I have trouble figuring out how...