__rvalref overloads causing ambiguities

Jonathan Wakely cow@compsoc.man.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 09:55:00 GMT 2005


Paolo Carlini wrote:

> >(should probably be added to the testsuite, I'll prepare it at lunchtime
> >if noone beats me to it)
> >  
> >
> Consider this kind of additions to the testsuite preapproved for
> v7-branch. Thanks.

OK, thanks, Paolo.

> >You can use the _SameTypeConcept from bits/boost_concept_check to give a
> >better message e.g.
[snip]
> Yes, I was also vaguely considering this possibility (we added some of
> those also in the occasion of the extension involving rebinding of
> allocators): in case you can verify that the error messages are
> *actually* better, please consider this kind of patch preapproved too.

Good point, I'll check it again (it was late at night when I was playing
with this stuff)

Chris, I can add those concept-checks later, there's no point holding up
your fixes for them.

jon



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list