make libstdc++ testsuite work better standalone

Phil Edwards phil@codesourcery.com
Fri Jan 28 19:35:00 GMT 2005

As Geoff has probably discovered, the name of the mailing list does not
have a -v3 suffix.  (Maybe the mailserver should handle that as an exception
and not a missing command.)

 Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:31:48 -0500
 From: Phil Edwards <phil@codesourcery.com>
 To: Geoffrey Keating <gkeating@apple.com>
 Cc: gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org, libstdc++-v3@gcc.gnu.org
 Subject: Re: make libstdc++ testsuite work better standalone

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:56:20AM -0800, Geoffrey Keating wrote:

> +    if { $filename == "testsuite_files" } {
> +	set sfiles [ lsearch_all_inline_not $sfiles *_xin* ]
> +	set sfiles [ lsearch_all_inline_not $sfiles *performance* ]
> +    } elseif { $filename == "testsuite_files_interactive" } {
> +	set sfiles [ lsearch_all_inline $sfiles *_xin* ]
> +    } elseif { $filename == "testsuite_files_performance" } {
> +	set sfiles [ lsearch_all_inline $sfiles *performance* ]
>      } else {
> -        verbose "cannot open $tests_file"
> +        verbose "cannot compute list of tests named $filename"
> +	set sfiles [list]

There ought to be a better way than this.  No, I don't have concrete
suggestions.  I'd hoped to be able to have sibling test files sitting next
to libstdc++-dg/normal.exp, like performance.exp and interactive.exp,
but never quite figured out how to do that correctly.

Phil

--
Behind everything some further thing is found, forever; thus the tree behind
the bird, stone beneath soil, the sun behind Urth.  Behind our efforts, let