PATCH: Eliminate uses of "sleep" in V3 testsuite

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Wed Jan 5 11:17:00 GMT 2005

Mark Mitchell wrote:

> Did you get the follow-up email I sent yesterday about the race
> condition in that test?
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2005-01/msg00019.html

Sorry, I didn't read it, yet. I'm doing it now, but consider that I will
be on vacations for
the rest of this week :(

> I was hoping that you would comment, as you wrote the original test
> case, and as my proposed fix involves changing the test case in way
> that might be reducing the effectiveness of the test.

To be clear: I did write that testcase, but only following existing
practice, as far as timing issues are
concerned. I'm still hoping to comment in a technically sound way, but
in the meanwhile, I'm afraid
too many people are experiencing annoying time-outs.

Maybe, for the time being at least, you can just go ahead with your
fixes to the testcase. As soon as
I'm back from my vacations, I will actually double check that the
testcase is still testing what it should.
Or maybe you can do that? Would end the story...

Thanks,