PATCH: TR1 unordered associative containers

Matt Austern austern@apple.com
Fri Feb 18 23:09:00 GMT 2005


On Feb 18, 2005, at 10:16 AM, Matt Austern wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2005, at 9:58 AM, R. D. Flowers wrote:
>
>> If this is supposed to be a list of SOME primes, no problem.
>>
>> If it is supposed to be a list of ALL primes up to that size, YES a 
>> problem.
>
> It is supposed to be a list of some primes less than 2^32.  A list of 
> all primes up to that size would be too large to be useful; the prime 
> number theorem says that the list would have something like 190 
> million entries.

But I suppose I should also mention: I didn't just choose these 
particular primes randomly.  If you look at the list you'll see that 
the ratios of successive entries are roughly constant.  Very roughly 
for smaller primes, but it gets much nicer as the numbers get larger.

			--Matt



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list