Platform specific optimizations acceptable?

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Mon Feb 7 23:06:00 GMT 2005

> I am interested in submitting it to libstdc++ when it's completed
> (there still some significant missing components, such slices). But I
> would like to know if such a large platform specific optimization
> would even be considered for inclusion before I spend the time making
> sure I've got the standard covered exactly and completely, :-)

Great!

Well, I'm sure it would be interesting to see this when it's done. FYI
there have been talks of doing something like this, on and off, so I
think there is interest in seeing your approach.

It would be nice to do this and abstract out the platform specific bits,
so that other hardware could re-use your work. See how atomicity.h is
created/used now, for instance.

best,
benjamin