Localization: example from document page doesn't work for latin characters ?

Jan Pfeifer pfjan@yahoo.com.br
Sun Dec 11 14:38:00 GMT 2005


Thanks for the answer :). I tried the C version as well, and it displays
the same problem. I didn't know that the stdc++ used the libc
implementation for these localization issues.

I'll ask about this in gcc-help.

- jan

ps.: attached is the edited file with the C version. Btw, I'm compiling
with gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20050808 (prerelease).

Paolo Carlini wrote:

>Jan Pfeifer wrote:
>
>  
>
>>Am I missing something, or is there something missing in the library ?
>> 
>>
>>    
>>
>Well, I don't have ready at hand the locale at issue, sorry, but in such
>cases, for debugging purposes I would recommend preparing first a simple
>pure C equivalent (that is, using just setlocale & toupper / tolower)
>and see what happens. Consider that for such facilities the C++ library
>is mostly calling into the underlying libc facilities and skipping some
>steps often makes the issue much simpler to understand.
>
>Paolo.
>  
>

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: test.cc
Type: text/x-c++src
Size: 1460 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20051211/8377f7bc/attachment.bin>


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list