Special functions in TR1

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 09:06:00 GMT 2005

On 08/12/05, Ed Smith-Rowland <3dw4rd@verizon.net> wrote:
> Also, I've been looking at the TR.  There are a lot of pieces that need
> to be built.  I was thinking it might be nice to have a table on some
> web page that outlines the pieces that need to be done and the current
> status.  Something like the C99 status or the Classpath status.  I'll
> take a shot at this.

Great. I suggest an html/docs/ext/tr1.html page, linked to from the
FAQ ("what's next after libstdc++-v3?") and the extensions page (the
SGI hash container docs should direct people to the unordered
containers).  The TR1 docs should give details of the implementation
choices (shared_ptr locking, thread-safety; tuple design; recursive
#includes etc.) as well as a list of what's not done yet.  I have most
of this sitting on my hard drive but can't commit it until my
copyright assignment is in place, which I'm working out with my new
employer.  If you prepare the list of what's supported/missing I hope
I can supply the rest, eventually.

jon