compile/runtime testing for __cxa_atexit

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Wed Aug 31 23:33:00 GMT 2005

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>>your plan makes perfect sense to me.
>>

>Ok. It's actually easy to do, just ripping off your namedlocale work
>with a different test case, variables, functions, etc.

Sounds like a plan ;)

>>Do you want me to work on this issue or maybe you
>>are going to take care of it together with the mt_allocator testing
>>work? Just let me know...
>>

>I got it. I was just curious, because this seems pretty basic and I was
>surprised that there wasn't already infrastructure for testing this.

Excellent.

Longer term, maybe we can investigate whether we can unify somehow the
different approaches that we have for named locales vs wchar_t/threads.
Probably it's not urgent because the final effect is similar (and
correct) - in some cases, a smaller number of tests actually run - but
maybe the former is a tad more robust?!? I'm not sure. In particular,
I'm not sure which one is more friendly to Mark's ideas about testing
without the build dir.