[v3] libstdc++/20534 contd contd

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Fri Aug 26 20:18:00 GMT 2005

Paolo Carlini wrote:

>Agreed! I should be done in 1-2 days maximum.

Ok, I did some basic experiments with basic_string and everything is
fine. It's hard to tell why, it depends a lot on the internals of
std::printf (time permitting I want to investigate what actually happens
in better detail) and the inlining effect on the overall optimization of
the code. Anyway, I can confirm that there is *no* worrysome grow.
Actually, in some cases the final effect is a slightly smaller size!

Thanks for your patience!