problem with libstdc++.so.6

Jonathan Wakely cow@compsoc.man.ac.uk
Tue Sep 28 09:32:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 10:04:03AM +0100, Jonathan Wakely wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 10:53:33AM +0200, Nursel Kilic wrote:
>
> > I installed gcc-3.4.2, my program was compiled and by calling my outputfile
> > (./test), I get the information: error while loading shared libraries:
> > libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such a file or directory.
>
> Have you read the documentation?
>
> This is in the FAQ:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq/index.html#2_6
>
> And in the "Using the library" section:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/install.html#usage

I'm going to combine these sections soon, or reduce the duplication at
least. It would be nice if googling for e.g.
    libstdc++ "error loading shared libraries"
found our docs, instead it gets a million newbies on a million forum
sites asking the same question and getting bad answers back from people
who don't really understand the problem or the solution.

I'll see if I can improve that situation when I rework those pages.

jon

--
"Total paranoia is total awareness"