RFC: Faster cp_lexer_peek_token [revised]

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Thu Sep 23 07:51:00 GMT 2004


Zack Weinberg wrote:

>This patch is a revised version of the one I posted this morning,
><http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-09/msg02284.html>.  See that
>message for discussion of the basic change and why it is a good idea.
>  
>
I assume you are still seeing a speedup in the range of 0.5 - 1%?

I think that's pretty compelling, and I'm actually pretty sanguine about 
the safety of the patch.  I've reviewed the patch and I'm happy with 
it.  I certainly agree that issuing the diagnostics on the line with the 
function declaration is a win.

I think that it would be good for Jason to comment, before we make a 
final decision, especially since my objectivity in reviewing patches has 
recently been called into question.  Jason?

-- 
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC
(916) 791-8304
mark@codesourcery.com



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list