Bugs/non-portable assumptions in libstdc++

Chris Lattner sabre@nondot.org
Sun Nov 21 02:52:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Paolo Carlini wrote:

> >  2. Do you know of any other places in libstdc++ where this
> >     'optimization' (eliding the initialization) is done?

> Yes, for sure _S_empty_rep_storage in basic_string, most likely others...

Sorry for the duplicate email, but I forgot to point out that
_S_empty_rep_storage is a declared as an array of size_type, which does
not have a ctor, so it is not the case I'm talking about.  My appologies
again for not being clear in my first mail.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/
http://nondot.org/sabre/