Testsuite additions

Chris Jefferson caj@cs.york.ac.uk
Sat Nov 13 16:57:00 GMT 2004

I submitted an earlier version of this, but have since cleaned it up
some more.

testsuite_iterators.h is able to wrap a basic pointer as any of the
categories of iterator. It also checks to see if any operations are
performed on the iterator which should not be. By defining
DISABLE_ITERATOR_DEBUG the debugging features can be removed and in this
case the pointers should be as efficent as simple raw pointers, giving a
way of testing an algorithm's performance on each type of input operator.

Note: Some comically, I don't promise that I've managed to test all of
this testsuite :) So should you try and use it and find that you get an
error, suspect the testsuite as well as the algorithm. Hopefully these
should be sorted out over time. I already have a bunch of other tests
written, but I want to check these get accepted before neatening them up
and submitted.

To show the use of testsuite_iterators.h, I attach alg_test.cc which
tests search_n and also search_n_performance.cc , which tests the
performance of search_n under both random_access and forward iterators
(yes they are identical at the moment, but they might not be soon).