[v3] libstdc++/17922

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Tue Nov 2 16:56:00 GMT 2004

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>>... and sorry for not not having replied sooner to your hint in the
>>audit trail: I was sad because of the _S_ios_openmode_end & co bits,
>>that probably we can't really fix within the current ABI: for v7 maybe
>>we should bite the bullet and renounce to the enums?!?
>>

>I think this patch is safe for mainline and gcc-3_4-branch. Adding
>values is not going to cause any problems.

Indeed.

>Is there something I just don't see at the moment?

No, no, you see clearly everything (as the last entry in the audit trail
shows ;): I was referring to the problem we have with
_S_ios_openmode_end & co, which the user does *not* know and should
*not* trigger a warning if missing from the switch... This is a warning
regression basically, but unfortunately (to "answer" your question is
the audit trail) I do *not* have any bright idea to fix it within the
current ABI... :-(