[Patch] mt_allocator: spare mem & fix alignment problems

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Fri Mar 26 11:51:00 GMT 2004

Stefan Olsson wrote:

> This has been on my todolist as well. Nice work Paolo!

Thanks Stefan.

Overall, I like the project that you started and is a joy contributing
a bit to it.

Currently, the biggest problem is memory usage: in my test is some 2
times that of pool_allocator, in some (not-totally-pathological) cases
even 10 (!) times: container_benchmark.cc and insert.cc (for list, in
particular) are two good examples, respectively.

In my opinion, we need to fix that before proposing it for prime time.

Any idea is *much* appreciated!

Thanks,