[Patch] Convert pool_allocator

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Sun Mar 21 23:23:00 GMT 2004

Hi all, hi Benjamin,

eventually I went ahead and converted __pool_alloc according to the
original plan:

Basically, enabling it at configure time leads to a behavior which is
(supposed to be) identical to that of 3.3 default allocator.

Of course, we can consider tweaking it further for MT/not, but I think
its real virtue is stability in providing a baseline form of "pooling"
against which more sophisticated ideas will be compared.

Regtested x86/x86_64/ia64 linux, also checked that on ia64 no runtime
alignement warnings are issued.

I will commit to mainline tomorrow morning, if nobody objects.

Paolo.