functexcept.cc draws in everything

Phil Edwards phil@jaj.com
Thu Mar 11 21:38:00 GMT 2004

If you are linking against the static .a library, try passong --gc-sections
to the linker.  The library is built so that each function gets its own
section, and the linker should be able to discard the others.

> Is it possible to split up this file and have the different functions
> compiled as single modules, fx the way that is done with libgcc.a ?

(Generally, you want "e.g." instead of "fx".)

I'd have no problem with this.  Thoughts, anyone?  We've discussed it before
but I don't recall why we decided not to.

--
America may be unique in being a country which has leapt
from barbarism to decadence without touching civilization.