Really weird build problem: please help

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Mon Jun 28 18:39:00 GMT 2004

Paolo Carlini wrote:

> A little bit of progress: ios_init.cc compiles again if I comment out
> this part
> of cpp_type_traits.h:
>
>  namespace __gnu_internal
>  {
>    typedef char __one;
>    typedef char __two[2];
>
>    template <typename _Tp>
>    __one __test_type (int _Tp::*);
>    template <typename _Tp>
>    __two& __test_type (...);
>  }

Ok, I got it: namespace __gnu_internal was opened to add all that helper
stuff
*inside* namespace std! Indeed, the below fixes the problem. I'm finishing
regtesting (with the problem-triggering one-liner installed) and will commit
in case of success (also took the occasion to do some formatting fixes).

Paolo.