[v3] __pool_alloc locking bits

Dhruv Matani dhruvbird@gmx.net
Sat Jun 26 06:09:00 GMT 2004


On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 05:57, Carlo Wood wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 11:47:24AM -0500, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > For __pool_alloc, Paolo and others made the case that single-pool was
> > the historical behavior, and we should try to match old behaviors for
> > people that rely upon them. I think this is a good point.
> 
> I hope this will not be done until mt_alloc becomes the default
> for the MT case?  Default meaning that no special configure option
> is needed.

Coming back to __pool_alloc, I'd really like it if someone got rid of
this kind of code:

_S_start_free = static_cast<char*>(::operator new(__bytes_to_get));
if (_S_start_free == 0)

???

-- 
        -Dhruv Matani.
http://www.geocities.com/dhruvbird/

The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain, because
freedom is priceless. ~ Hugh Downs



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list