How to get debug mode version of libstdc++ when compiling GCC

Jonathan Wakely cow@compsoc.man.ac.uk
Fri Jul 23 13:07:00 GMT 2004


On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 02:03:01PM +0200, Pit Cuppens wrote:

> Dear all,
> 
> Thanks so far for your help. However, I still do not
> manage to get debug support with GCC 3.3.2 and libstdc++.
> (GCC 3.4 is not an option because a library I use does
> not compile under it.)
> 
> I downloaded GCC 3.3.2, created the objdir and configured
> GCC using
> 
> ../gcc-3.3.2/configure --enable-languages=c++ \
>    --enable-debug --enable-libstdcxx-debug 

Those options are nothing to do with the debug mode, they will install
copies of the libstdc++ libs with debugging symbols included.

Please read http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/debug.html

(which hasn't been updated to include my comment that the debug mode was
introduced in version 3.4)

jon

-- 
Emacs is a nice OS - but it lacks a good text editor.
That's why I am using Vim.
	- Anonymous



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list