Make -j* switch not used in v3 32 bit multilib dir?
Paolo Carlini
pcarlini@suse.de
Thu Jul 15 23:26:00 GMT 2004
Hi Jim,
> Paolo Carlini wrote:
>
>> recently (I would say 2-3 weeks, but I'm not completely sure) the
>> libstdc++-v3
>> 32 bit directory of my multilib-ed builds (*) doesn't take into
>> account -j* anymore...
>
> If you look at the make output, you will see
> make[2]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1. Add `+' to parent
> make rule.
I see clearly now what is going on, thanks for the explanation.
> The rules in question are from automake unfortunately. They are the
> rules that invoke MULTIDO and MULTICLEAN. So in order to fix this, I
> first needed to patch automake to add the +,
Here definitely I owe you some excuses: in fact, in the meanwhile I
learned that this automake problem is *already* known and fixed
(basically in the same way) in automake-cvs:
2004-05-23 Alexandre Duret-Lutz <adl@gnu.org>
* lib/am/multilib.am: Add $(MAKE) comments to multido and
multiclean lines, to enable parallel make. Based on a patch
by Alexandre Oliva applied to newlib on 2003-10-15.
Are you in contact with the automake developers (Alexandre?)? It would
be nice if this fix could be ported as soon as possible to the 1.8.x
release branch. In that case libstdc++-v3 could require immediately that
specific version (or newer of course) and everything would be fine.
Thanks again for your feedback,
Paolo.
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list