Diff mt_allocator

Stefan Olsson stefan@xapa.se
Fri Jan 23 08:30:00 GMT 2004


Loren James Rittle wrote:

>>here's the diff that allocates chunks of memory directly to threads 
>>according to rfc.
>>I have tested it quite a bit (including recompiling a 10k line MT 
>>application and running that) but I appriciate all reviewing and testing 
>>- it's been a long day =)
>>    
>>
>
>Stefan,
>
>Interesting patches (please consider using '-c' in the future; and
>please avoid WS changes).  Please consider writing the changelog entry
>(since we'd rather use your words than mine).
>
Sorry, I will do this from now on.

>>Here's the before numbers (on the dual 2.4 Ghz machine):
>>real    0m18.026s
>>user    0m12.620s
>>sys     0m13.480s
>>    
>>
>
>Any idea why you saw so much sys time here?  Is that the global
>contention factor that you have removed with the second patch?
>
Yes, the machine was doing 200.000-300.000 context switches / second 
(according to vmstat).

Brgds

/Stefan



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list