Diff mt_allocator

Stefan Olsson stefan@xapa.se
Thu Jan 22 16:51:00 GMT 2004


Hi,

here's the diff that allocates chunks of memory directly to threads 
according to rfc.
I have tested it quite a bit (including recompiling a 10k line MT 
application and running that) but I appriciate all reviewing and testing 
- it's been a long day =)

The numbers are good! The attached test program (comp.cpp) exercises the 
allocator quite a bit and caused massive global locking/context 
switching before.
Here's the before numbers (on the dual 2.4 Ghz machine):
real    0m18.026s
user    0m12.620s
sys     0m13.480s

And this is after this diff:
real    0m4.123s
user    0m13.740s
sys     0m1.460s

One thing that I noticed when recompiling the real application was that 
the compiler complained about missing == and != operators. I added those 
(and they are part of the diff) but I have no idea if they should be 
here or somewhere else?

Brgds

/Stefan
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: diff6.txt
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20040122/9ed28d4d/attachment.txt>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: comp.cpp
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20040122/9ed28d4d/attachment.ksh>


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list