interesting mainline failures, 1/2

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Jan 16 04:17:00 GMT 2004

On Jan 16, 2004, Loren James Rittle <rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com> wrote:

> FAIL: 23_containers/bitset/invalidation/1.cc (test for excess errors)
> [...]1.cc:24: error: use of `bitset' is ambiguous
> [...]include/debug/bitset:42: error:   first declared as `template<unsigned
>  int _Nb> class __gnu_debug_def::bitset' here
> [...]include/bitset:604: error:   also declared as `template<unsigned int _Nb>
>   class __gnu_norm::bitset' here

> Known issue?  Or, only on my *freebsd4 system (not seen on ref5)?  I
> don't see this on any other platform's test results.

When was this last updated?  A patch I checked in this morning should
have addressed this problem.

> There is a 'using namespace std;' inside namespace __gnu_debug . Is
> that correct?

Yup.  As long as it's not strong, the strong using of __gnu_debug_def
should win.  Which is what one of the patches that went in this
morning fixed.

Happy GNU Year!                     oliva@{lsd.ic.unicamp.br, gnu.org}