Gut install.html

Jonathan Wakely cow@compsoc.man.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 09:06:00 GMT 2004

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 07:54:25PM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:

> This rips out all the instructions for how to set up separate source and
> build trees, the commands to issue, and so forth.  Reactions?

I think that's a big improvement, the relevant bits are more obvious
now the cruft is gone.

I'm partly responsible for this, but there's some duplication between
the bottom of install.html and FAQ 2.6:

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/install.html#usage
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq/index.html#2_6

I don't think it hurts to have that info in two places, but I'll look at
merging the texts and making the FAQ just point to install.html to
answer the question once.

jon