Patch: stl_vector.h and vector.tcc

Matt Austern austern@apple.com
Sun Aug 1 23:58:00 GMT 2004

On Jul 30, 2004, at 8:54 PM, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>> I agree, implementing std::tr1::type_traits woulid be a really great
>> idea.
>> Other parts too.  If we just set up the infrastructure, i.e. the
>> directory
>> hierarchy and makefile, then various of us could implement individual
>> pieces.  I'd like to put in hash tables, for example.
>
> Sounds good. I can set up include/tr1 if you'd like, if you have better
> ideas let me know. For things that are just include files that should
> be
> sufficient.

Hm.  Hash tables are actually one of the cases where I think we do
need some .cc files.  I'd like to have a long list of primes, and
that's a silly thing to put in headers.  So I think we should plan
for a source directly immediately.

One other things we should plan for: some of the tr1 extensions
involve new stuff in standard headers.  I think the right way to
do this is to have (for example) include/tr1/utility, which would
include the standard <utility> and then add more things.  But that
means we need to figure out the mechanics of that inclusion.

Finally: in the long run we probably should have a place for tr1
documentation.  Even in the short run, though, we need a place for
tr1 test cases.

			-Matt