[Lsb-wg] opposition to LSB 2.0 rc1

Phil Edwards phil@codesourcery.com
Sun Aug 1 06:46:00 GMT 2004

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 05:12:10PM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:
> I am particularly troubled
> because it means that LSB will be locking in the last version of GCC
> before we fixed the C++ parser, meaning that the old parser will have to
> be maintained indefinitely.

Euuuugggghhh.  If ever there was code that needed killin', it's the
old C++ parser.

I would wager that if the LSB chooses this path, it will doom vendors to
/always/ needing local parser patches applied once they move to a newer
version, because "the LSB needs it" will probably not be a good enough
reason to prevent removal of the old parser.

--
Behind everything some further thing is found, forever; thus the tree behind
the bird, stone beneath soil, the sun behind Urth.  Behind our efforts, let