Exception implementation

Silvio Fonseca silvio@gdora.com.br
Wed Apr 21 15:15:00 GMT 2004


Bartlomiej Swiercz wrote:

 >Hello,
 >I'm writing a kernel in C++ and I'm using gcc.
 >Can you explain me or give me some links how I should implement a
 >framework exception for my kernel.
 >It will be strong advantage to use try {} catch () {} block in kernel.

I also write a kernel in C++ (S3O project)... if you aren't registered 
yet, get into http://www.invalidsoftware.net, it's a forum with people 
writing C++ kernels...

 I asked almost the same thing a few days ago, the answer (sent to me in 
PVT) basicaly was: Take a look on how the other C++ kernels did it...

He was kind enough to send me a link with a filtered list on sourceforge 
(thanks BTW :-) ). The problem was that there isn't a single project 
with this enabled, at least not in SF and not in Google... So I started 
to implement myself, with some sucess... I already have a few parts 
working, but not enough to enable exceptions... If you like to discuss 
this, send me an e-mail in PVT since this is somewhat off-topic in this 
list :-)

Thanks,

Silvio Fonseca
S3O Kernel Team



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list