[Patch draft] Fix libstdc++/8610
Andreas Jaeger
aj@suse.de
Tue Oct 21 12:30:00 GMT 2003
Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@unitus.it> writes:
> Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>
>>Are we compiling with -D_GNU_SOURCE ? I think we do - and therefore
>>it works in libstdc++. If _GNU_SOURCE is set, we do not eed the
>>LARGEFILE64_SOURCE. But the latter might be needed for other
>>platforms.
>>
> Indeed, we are. Thanks for your enlightening observation.
> If, instead, I do:
>
> paolo:~> g++ -U_GNU_SOURCE no-proto.cc
> no-proto.cc: In function `int main()':
> no-proto.cc:5: error: `lseek64' undeclared (first use this function)
> no-proto.cc:5: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
> once for each function it appears in.)
>
> However, I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "other platforms":
Non-glibc platforms, e.g. AIX, Solaris, or platforms using newlib.
> I mean, libstdc++-v3 only comes with the corresponding g++, cannot be
> used stand alone.
>
> Another (reassurring) data point: you cannot actually use v3 with
> -U_GNU_SOURCE: *many* things break well before lseek64 ;)
Ok ;-)
Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, aj@suse.de, http://www.suse.de/~aj
SuSE Linux AG, Deutschherrnstr. 15-19, 90429 Nürnberg, Germany
GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272 A126
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 188 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/libstdc++/attachments/20031021/d43f6876/attachment.sig>
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list