TR library extensions

Martin Sebor sebor@roguewave.com
Tue Oct 7 22:44:00 GMT 2003

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> | Incidentally, though, this patch and thread seem to suggest that the
> | goal at one point was to provide support for both options with the
> | same compiler: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1997-09/msg01087.html
>
> -pthreads is documented as obsolete and possibly removed from future
> versions of GCC.

Care to give a link to where the manual says so? I don't see the text in
the 3.3.1 docs. I do see references to -mthread, -threads, and -pthread
here(*), with the last one being new in 3.3.1 for HPPA (it's not listed
in the 3.2.3 doc). So by my reading of the manual threading options are
being added, not removed.

(*)http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.3.1/gcc/Option-Summary.html#Option%20Summary

Martin