TR library extensions

Pétur Runólfsson peturr02@ru.is
Mon Oct 6 19:24:00 GMT 2003

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> And there ought to be a configure option to enable/disable TRs.

I agree, but why provide that choice at gcc configure time only?

I don't want to have to install two copies of gcc, one that handles
C++ 98 and another that handles C++ 98 + TR1 to be able to choose
which dialect to use when compiling a program. glibc can handle
many dialects of C in a single library. Why should I need multiple
versions of libstdc++ to be able to switch between C++ dialects?

Petur