[Patch] Codecvt::do_in rewrite

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@suse.de
Mon Nov 24 17:13:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

these are the do_in bits: very same scheme, same performance gain

wchar_t_in.cc    C (iconv)      137r  131u    0s    0mem    2pf
wchar_t_in.cc    C++ (codecvt)  187r  181u    0s    0mem    2pf

Tested x86-linux, will commit before the end of the (italian) day.

Paolo.

(*) By the way, for complete char-by-char I/O (i.e., wspeed.cc in
PR 11602) we are now doing *much* better than putwc_unlocked, thanks
to the general improvements to filebuf ;)

/////////