Two or three initial observations on the fp prining patch

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Sat Nov 22 22:05:00 GMT 2003

Jerry Quinn <jlquinn@optonline.net> writes:

| I suppose the optimal case would be for the compiler to make these
| definitions available to us when the installed compiler runs.

Aboslutely.

  You can start with having  CPP automatically export

    __GCC_LITTLE_ENDIAN__=xxx
    __GCC_BIG_ENDIAN__=yyy
    __GCC_MIXED_ENDIAN__=zzz

and have c++config declares

    enum __endianness {
       _S_little_endian = __GCC_LITTLE_ENDIAN__,
       _S_big_endian = __GCC_BIG_ENDIAN__,
       _S_mixed_endian = __GCC_MIXED_ENDIAN__,
       _S_unknown_endianness
    };

| In lieu
| of that, it looks like we'll need to access the tm.h file when the
| library is configured, right?

I do not believe we want to tie that way.

-- Gaby