Two or three initial observations on the fp prining patch

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Sat Nov 22 21:58:00 GMT 2003

Jerry Quinn <jlquinn@optonline.net> writes:

[...]

| I see that struct real_format captures the variability between
| different float formats, and REAL_MODE_FORMAT is a macro that selects
| the format struct to use.  However, I don't see where REAL_MODE_FORMAT
| is defined, and more importantly, how we export this to the library.

It is a macro defined by each target.  Have a look in gcc/doc/*.texi

| Also, how can we export FLOAT_BIG_WORDS_ENDIAN to the library?

More than one or two years ago, I went with the idea of exporting some
fundamental properties of datatypes from the compiler into the library
in forms of macros automatically defined by the compiler.  Benjamin
ecnrouaged and urged me to complete that project.  I started with the
numerics, until RTH found a better way and reimplemet real.[ch].  I
can't launch a browser right now but I believe some discussions went
on on that topic.

I would suggest you have a look at how we automatically #define
builtin macros in c-xxx.c

| Or are you thinking that we want to pull real.c into the library in
| some manner?

NO.

I'm suggesting you find a way that the compiler exports those
information in forms of built-in macros.

-- Gaby