-fpic/-fPIC testresults under sol2.9

Andreas Tobler toa@pop.agri.ch
Tue May 6 18:31:00 GMT 2003


Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> Andreas Tobler <toa@pop.agri.ch> wrote:
> 
> 
>>I pass -fpic and -fPIC to the RUNTESTFLAGS when running libstdc++ tests. 
>>The result is horrible. Do I do something plain wrong?
>>The test seem to run ok with -m64 and nothing.
> 
> 
> Hey Andreas, I have no idea, sorry. Solaris support is very mysterious
> to me, try asking Sun. They don't seem to care.

Then I have to call the ppc linux people as well.
Here on the trunk there are the same failures.

> Why you are passing -fpic -fPIC in RUNTESTFLAGS seems like something to
> explain and or explore (with somebody who cares about Solaris).

Hm, Kaveh inspired me with his test results. So I tried as well.

well, I wonder why not more people care about sun. We at work use gcc as 
well, though it is a 2.95.3, but we have to cover mainly C code for a 
variety of platforms.

We use gcc since we can use it on more platforms and it is 'free'.

Andreas






More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list