* configure.in: Test for libintl.h.
Loren James Rittle
rittle@latour.rsch.comm.mot.com
Thu May 1 22:05:00 GMT 2003
>> 2003-04-30 Phil Edwards <pme@gcc.gnu.org>
>>
>> * acinclude.m4: Add bit missing from previous patch.
>> * aclocal.m4, configure: Regenerated.
> This is (still) not enough. :-) (at least not for NetBSD.)
> There are two problems:
> 1. This test is only done for USE_NLS = yes, but the gettext function is
> used in libstdc++-v3/src/functexcept.cc if _GLIBCPP_HAVE_LIBINTL_H is
> defined, which it may be regardless of the status of USE_NLS.
> 2. USE_NLS is only set to 'yes' if enable_clocale_flag = gnu.
> configure does however use enable_clocale_flag = generic for NetBSD...
Yes, Phil, I was too quick to thank you as well. ;-) The recent patch
doesn't actually fix the problem on FreeBSD either. I still
see it fail while trying to build abi_check:
[...]
/usr/users/rittle/tmp/gcc-build-latour-mainline-0425/gcc/g++ -shared-libgcc -B/usr/users/rittle/tmp/gcc-build-latour-mainline-0425/gcc/ -nostdinc++ -B/usr/local/beta-gcc/i686-unknown-freebsd4.8/bin/ -B/usr/local/beta-gcc/i686-unknown-freebsd4.8/lib/ -isystem /usr/local/beta-gcc/i686-unknown-freebsd4.8/include -isystem /usr/local/beta-gcc/i686-unknown-freebsd4.8/sys-include -g -O2 -o abi_check abi_check.o -L/usr/users/rittle/tmp/gcc-build-latour-mainline-0425/i686-unknown-freebsd4.8/libstdc++-v3/src -L/usr/users/rittle/tmp/gcc-build-latour-mainline-0425/i686-unknown-freebsd4.8/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs -lm
/usr/users/rittle/tmp/gcc-build-latour-mainline-0425/i686-unknown-freebsd4.8/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs/libstdc++.so: undefined reference to `libintl_gettext'
I would prefer if you could continue the battle to fix it as I'm
attempting to fix the i386/atomicity.h thing on 3.3 branch before
first release. We seem to have a different failure mode than NetBSD
(although Gerald and I would probably see FreeBSD fail as in case #1
above if we didn't have GNU libintl installed). - Loren
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list