Core dump in bastring.cc

Jonathan Wakely cow@compsoc.man.ac.uk
Mon Mar 31 13:40:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 06:54:32PM +0530, Manickam Palaniappan wrote:

Hi,

> 	There is some problem in basic_string during cleanup I presume. Am
> 	not using the up-to-date GCC release due to some constraints.

This list is for version 3 of GCC's standard C++ library, which didn't
ship with GCC until version 3.0.  GCC 2.9x shipped with libstdc++-v2
which is now unsupported and unmaintained.

Please see http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq/index.html#4_4_interface

You might be able to get some support from your system vendor if you're
using a GCC version such as RedHat's 2.96 or FreeBSD's 2.95.4, but the
libstdc++ maintainers won't look at problems with the old v2 library.

> P.S:  tried getting a hand at the source but could not. FTP access asks for
> passwd. Where should I go for sources for this 2.95.2 release of g++.

You shouldn't need a password for ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcc/

hope that helps,

jon