FreeBSD report for sixth patch to fix PR/9533

Paolo Carlini pcarlini@unitus.it
Fri Mar 28 07:37:00 GMT 2003


Loren James Rittle wrote:

>>Hi Paolo, I didn't test iterations 1-5.  (Hi Phil, its Monday! ;-)
>>I looked at iteration 6.  It builds on FreeBSD 4 without any
>>regression and it fixes the PR testcase.
>>    
>>
>Had anyone asked you to refrain from committing this patch to
>mainline?  If not, please do consider committing it.  In addition to
>testing as reported above, I have now reviewed all the code (but not
>all the autoconfig tests), and agree you handled this well. - Loren
>
Hi Loren, thanks for your review and kind invitation: the fix is quite 
complex and I was making
sure that everyone had a chance to see and test it on its favoured platform.

3.3 is approaching quickly and therefore will commit it later today to 
mainline: with some luck
we can have a variant of it (using always_no_conv, as suggested by 
Pétur) for 3.3 too or at
least 3.3.1.

Thanks,
Paolo.



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list