arm-wince-pe configure

Shaun Jackman sjackman@pathwayconnect.com
Mon Jun 30 16:29:00 GMT 2003


I'm configuring libstdc++ directly at the command line. It's not being
configured with the rest of the compiler, though I would like it to. My
gcc configure line is this:

../gcc-3.2/configure --target=arm-wince-pe --prefix=/tools/wince --enable-languages="c,c++" --with-cpu=strongarm --disable-shared --with-newlib --enable-multilib=no

How can I enable libstdc++ in the gcc tree? Alternatively, is it
possible to build libstdc++ in a separate tree?

Thanks,
Shaun


On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 18:18, Phil Edwards wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 11:01:49AM -0600, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> > 
> > Should it be arm-wince-pe-c++ being used here instead of c++?
> 
> Probably.
> 
> > I
> > configured libstdc++ like this:
> > 
> > ../../../gcc-3.2/libstdc++-v3/configure --with-cross-host=arm-wince-pe
> > --target=arm-wince-pe --prefix=/usr/local/wince --with-newlib
> > --enable-shared=no --enable-static=libsupc++ --enable-multilib=no
> 
> Is that copied from somewhere else, or did you type that it directly?
> libstdc++ shoudn'd be configured on its own; it's built with the rest of
> the compiler.
> 
> In any case, "--enable-static=libsupc++" is unneeded (and doesn't actually
> work in any case), because libsupc++ is only ever built statically.
> The --with-cross-host is, I believe, done for you as part of the normal
> bootstrap process.
> 
> 
> Phil



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list