[Patch]: libstdc++/PR11504 + constness and casting clean up

Gawain Bolton gbolton@free.fr
Mon Jul 28 19:32:00 GMT 2003

Phil Edwards wrote:

>On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 02:50:59PM +0200, Gawain Bolton wrote:
>

>>*** 95,100 ****
>>--- 95,101 ----
>>    struct _Rb_tree_node_base
>>    {
>>      typedef _Rb_tree_node_base* _Base_ptr;
>>+     typedef const _Rb_tree_node_base* _const_Base_ptr;
>>

>There's a naming problem here.  The library may only use names of the pattern
>
>    _[capital]*
>    __*
>
>when the code is visible to user programs.  So far the tradition has been
>to use single-underscore-capital for typedefs not exposed to the user.

Ok, thanks for pointing this out!

>I see this problem in a few places in your patch.  Fortunately they can be
>fixed via simple search-and-replace.  Would you mind going one more round?
>:-)

Yup, I'll fix these.  I'll wait for any further comments until about the
same time tomorrow evening (21h30 French time) and go for round 3.

Cheers,

Gawain