[libstdc++ PATCH] libstdc++ debug mode (second try)

Doug Gregor dgregor@apple.com
Thu Jul 24 17:57:00 GMT 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 10:36 AM, John Levon wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 10:15:10AM -0700, Doug Gregor wrote:
>
>> Time goes by and patches get crufty. I'm attaching an updated patch;
>> it
>
> I'm bootstrapping with this patch now to try it out.

Thanks.

>>> Apply this patch and also my link_name patch (see
>>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2003-07/msg01915.html). Compile
>>> with
>
> The linkname patch doesn't apply cleanly (no big problem) and has a
> testsuite entry stuck on the end of it that's not in diff -u format ?

So long as the patch is still usable, I'd rather not update it. When we
decide to put the debug mode in, I'll regenerate the patch and resend
to gcc-patches.

>>> -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG.
>
> This is needed only on the target application right ? Not for the gcc
> bootstrap too ?

Correct. There is no need to configure anything differently in the
compiler to get debug mode; just compile your application with
_GLIBCXX_DEBUG defined.

	Doug