Non wide-char support
Phil Edwards
phil@jaj.com
Wed Jul 23 00:00:00 GMT 2003
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:10:48PM +0100, Nick Burrett wrote:
>
> If I have these lines in c++config.h, should I expect the library
> to correctly compile (and be useable) without the existence of the
> wchar headers and associated wide-character functions ?
Yes. The easiest way is to configure with --disable-c-mbchar.
> The last time I checked, the library was not buildable without the
> wide-character prototypes. Is this to be expected ?
Until system/C libraries the world over support wide characters consistently,
yes. :-)
--
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams
More information about the Libstdc++
mailing list