Getting Apple's libstdc++ debug mode into the FSF tree

Martin Sebor sebor@roguewave.com
Wed Jul 16 18:08:00 GMT 2003

Doug Gregor wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 16, 2003, at 10:43AM, Matt Austern wrote:

> I don't like -debug=c++, because it says nothing about the library.
> -debug=c++lib is more precise, and not too much more typing.

If I may make a suggestion regarding the name: if the feature
enables debugging facilities only in libstdc++ (as opposed to
libcsup or the compiler itself), it would be nice if the flag
made it clear by using the same name, i.e., libstdc++, as
opposed to the generic c++lib. The consistency might prevent
questions such as "which C++ library? does it apply to third
party implementations of the C++ Standard library such as
ours? other C++ libraries?"

Thanks
Martin